Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
My teaser this week is from Devil's Punch by Ann Aguirre. 

"There is no afterlife?  No Hell?"
It flashed it teeth.  "According to your lore, Binder. we are already there." 

This is a Corine Solomon Novel.  I'm starting this one today.  Here is what Goodreads has to say about the book.

As a handler, Corine Solomon can touch any object and learn its history. Her power is a gift, but one that’s thrown her life off track. The magical inheritance she received from her mother is dangerously powerful, and Corine has managed to mark herself as a black witch by dealing with demons to solve her problems.

Back home, Corine is trying to rebuild her pawnshop and her life with her ex Chance, despite the target on her back. But when the demons she provoked kidnap her best friend in retaliation, Corine puts everything on hold to save her. It's undoubtedly a trap, but Corine would do anything to save those she loves, even if it means sacrificing herself...
 

10 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I am finding myself drawn to witches lately....lol

Wonder what that means?

This one sounds tempting....

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Unknown said...

Ooh I like the sound of this one, I think I have heard about this one before so I will have to check it out now!
You can check out my TT here: http://www.riereviews.blogspot.co.uk/
Love Rie x

Alice Audrey said...

Is this part of a series? It sounds familiar to me, but I'm not placing it.

Great teaser.

Unknown said...

Great teaser!! Thanks for stopping by my TT and for following!!
I haven't read anything by this author before but I have heard great things about her. I am going to have to add her to my TBR pile!!
Thanks again!! :)

Unknown said...

Great teaser! I've heard Aguire's books are great. Thanks for sharing!

John Wiswell said...

Is it supposed to be a period rather than a comma in the final sentence?

I'm not surprised a character recognized fiction for Hell. The characters are rarely treated well.

JC Jones said...

Yes it should have been a comma not a period. Another example of seeing what I expect instead of what I really typed.

JC Jones said...

Yes, it is part of a series. Best to start with he first book.

Monaliz said...

Absolutely love the teaser! Not to mention the title of the book, just awesome! :D

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by!

Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

Sonia Lal said...

Haven't read this yet, but I want to.