Thursday, January 23, 2014

Book Beginnings, January 24, 2013

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading.

My book beginning this week is from Alien Research by Gini Koch.  This is book 9 in the Alien novels.


"In all the time man has been on our good planet Earth, we've stared at and striven for the stars, at least in some way.

Frankly, my experience has been that what a goodly number are doing is staring at and striving for more wealth and power.  And since alines joined us on Earth, those same people have been striving even harder to control said aliens, presumably to use them to get even more wealth and power."

2 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Not my kind of book..

Here is my post

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I'm not sure about this one. The opening sounds distant and a little "preachy" to me and didn't draw me in. I hope the action picks up in the next few sentences!
Here's the link to my Friday post: PICTURING PERFECT.