Friday, August 8, 2014

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56, August 8, 2014


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56.
 Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and
Come Join us!
The Beginning:

"My drink tasted like Martian goat piss; goats never completely acclimated to the terraformed red planet, something about not having the optimal mix of methane and ammonia."

Page 56 or 20% on my Kindle:

"You're not falling in love with your headshrinker, are you?"

Both of there are from Nexus by Nicolas Wilson.  Nexus is a Science Fiction book I got from Goodreads.  I am about 26% finished and still have mixed feelings.  It is primarily dialog and very smart***ed dialog to boot.  So far that is doing more to put me off than to catch me.  I just got to the place where a blue skinned alien showed up on the ship and that part has caught me so I will let you know how I feel after I finish reading.

No comments: