Friday, November 28, 2014

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56




I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

Welcome to Black Friday. If anyone needs or wants (two very different things) several of the retailers have some really great deals. I am trying to resist but will probably use the 30% off coupon from Barnes and Noble to pick up a Science Fiction book that my library does not have.

Here is my choice for today:

The Beginning:

"He was on his way back from the edge of the study area towards the research station, just him and the Cessna and the open skies above the Amboseli basin, his mood better than it had been in weeks, when the call arrived."

Page 56:

"I might be on a deadline here--up to my eyes in work, with no time even to eat, sleep or indulge in basic personal hygiene."

From Blue Remembered Earth (PoseidonChildren #1) by Alastair Reynolds. This is book one in a Science Fiction series and has been on my TBR pile for months. It is a long books and that may be why I have put off starting it.

No comments: