Thursday, March 19, 2015

Book Beginnings and The Friday 54 - March 20, 2015





I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.


The Beginning:

"I get this call, out of the blue. A woman. First, she reminds me that I saved her life. Then says she wants me to do her a favor.."

Page 56:

"So you are crying about a cat, and you don't like cats? And this cat hurt you and it wasn't even your cat?" .... I don't think that the cat made you cry:

Maybe you needed to cry."

From Spider Woman's Daughter by Anne Hillerman. Anne is Tony Hillerman's daughter and she is continuing his Leaphorn and Chee Novels. These were some of my favorite mystery novels. Both my sister and I loved them and even took a trip to see the area where they are set. I haven't started this so don't know if Spider Woman's Daughter will be as good as the books written by her father but I did want to give it a try.

No comments: