Thursday, August 18, 2016

Short and Sweet Audio Book Reviews - Fair Game by Patricia Briggs, Possession by Kat Richardson, Miss Julia Inherits a Mess by Ann B. Ross

Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)Fair Game by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great series. I started this with book three and quickly went back and read the first two books.  Charles and Anna swiftly became two of my favorite characters. The story is good, the action exciting and there is enough tension for several more books.  Since I need to rest my eyes I picked this up in audio form and loved the story just as much as the first time.  The reader does a really good job.  Hope for more Charles and Anna Soon


Possession (Greywalker, #8)Possession by Kat Richardson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am having to rest my eyes so picked this up in an audio book. The Greywalker series is one that is best if read in order but the last one I read was #3. I did not feel the lack of any backstory or world building. It did help that I had read the first books in the series. Harper is still a great character and she is supported by a great cast of supporting characters. The story has a great plot that allows a lot of danger and suspense as the story progresses. The reader does a good job of different voices and keeping the story flow going.


Miss Julia Inherits a Mess (Miss Julia, #18)Miss Julia Inherits a Mess by Ann B. Ross
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Like the other books in this post I checked Miss Julia out from the library in audio book form. I read the first book in this series several years ago and was not that impressed. This time I picked for fun listening and Miss Julia filled the bill. The book is read in a southern accent and sometimes it does get old but it fits the characters and the story. Miss Julia (who is not a miss) once again finds herself with a job she does not want. It is fun to see her working toward a solution that will please everyone. If you want something lighthearted, full of fun characters and a bit of a mystery pick this one up. while it is book 18 in the series it can stand-alone.

View all my reviews

No comments: