Thursday, September 29, 2016

Short and Sweet Book Reviews #47 - City on Edge by Stefanie Pintoff, Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale, Unraveled by Jennifer Estep

City on Edge (Eve Rossi, #2)City on Edge by Stefanie Pintoff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had a hard time caring about any of the characters in City on Edge. I loved the blurb. A FBI team made up of criminals sounded really good. What kept me form caring was the fact that they never seemed to be a team and they sure did not care for each other. The plot was well developed and the writing was good. It should have been a page turner but it was not. It started off very slow as each character was introduced and a profile was part of each introduction. Then the story line developed. This is book two in the series and I wondered if I would have been more invested in the characters if I had read book one.



Everything We KeepEverything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is not your run of the mill romance.  It is one that is truly full of surprises. Aimee Tierney has to come terms with the loss of the man she loves not once but twice. At the same time her career has to take a new route and a new man comes into her live. Everything We Keep has great writing, a fully developed plot that kept me guessing and some interesting well-developed characters. I really recommend this one for all the twists and turns it takes. Look for another surprise at the end. I wonder if it is a teaser for a story featuring a character in Everything We Keep


Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15)Unraveled by Jennifer Estep
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In Bitter Bite Gin Blanco found that she had a new enemy; at least a new to her enemy but one that has been around since she was a child. In Unraveled Estep fleshes out that enemy when she sends Gin and friends on a vacation to the theme park Finnegan Lane, her foster brother, inherits. By the end of the book Gin has a whole new set of enemies to find and fight. Unraveled is a great set up for the next series of Elemental Assassin books. Instead of same old, same old that often happens in a long series there is a new and interesting enemy for Gin and friends

View all my reviews

No comments: