Monday, May 27, 2013

Musing Monday's May 27, 2013

MusingMondays5 
Musing Mondays (http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/) asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits. • 
Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! 
 • Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
 •Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
 • Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!


 I'm reading Hellhole Awakening by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.  This is the second book in the series, Hellhole was the first.  It is Science Fiction/Space Opera and a really fun read.  It has been over a year since I read the first book and I had forgotten quite a bit about the story and the characters. However, there is just the right amount of backstory dropped into the scenes to get me up to date.  I love Science Fiction and reading Hellhole Awakening is a reminder of why this genre is my favorite.

I have The Cassandra Project by Jack McDevitt and Mike Resnick (also Science Fiction)  checked out from the library and on my TBA shelf.  I also have the following Science Fiction books on my wish list. 

-->
The Hertic by Tony Daniel and David Drake

Fire with Fire by Charles E. Gonnon

How Dark the World Becomes by Frank Chadwick

Portal by Eric Flint and Ryk E. Spoor
Baen published all four of these while I was on my trip.  They changed how you buy their ebooks and I cannot purchase from Baen but have to go to Amazon.  That also pushed up the price.  I have to wonder how it will affect their bottom line.  I know it did make me an unhappy customer.

   

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, sounds like a really good one!

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/05/musing-mondays_27.html

Anonymous said...

Im not really a fan of sci fi but i'm trying to read books of other genres and i think i might some of these books in my TBR

my musing monday:
https://bookskeepmesane.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/musing-mondays-may-27-2013/

Daystarz Books said...

Haven't read much sci fi but here's what I have been reading http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/musing-mondays-5/