Friday, April 6, 2018

Short and Sweet Audio Book Reviews # 215 - Dreadnought by B.V. Larson, Blackout by Marc Elsberg

Dreadnought (Lost Colonies Trilogy, #2)Dreadnought by B.V. Larson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Captain William Sparhawk and his crew are off to explore and they find many surprises. I keep listening to this for the fun. There are more interesting descriptions that inspire me to answer back while having a very good chuckle. Start with book one and be prepared to enjoy what is a fun book full of cliches and some very different characters.


BlackoutBlackout by Marc Elsberg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a book that left me feeling very unsafe. Set in Europe it tell all that can happen if you lose the power grid and cannot bring things back for days. The story revolves around a set number of characters in different parts of Europe and through their eyes you see all that can be destroyed in a matter of days. It also shows how easy it could be to kill the power and how hard it could be to bring it back on. I liked the voice of the reader. He kept the right amount of tension while giving each character a unique voice. Reading this will send you out to make sure you have emergency supplies.

View all my reviews

No comments: