Wednesday, September 16, 2015

4000 Miles of Listening

I have been off on a trip where I drove over 4000 miles.  I listen to books on CD from my library all the time and load up when I am going on a really long trip.  Here are the book I listened to this trip.

Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase – I read this one a long time ago and listened to it again several years after.  It is one of my favorites.  Dane is such a hoot and Jessica is his perfect match.   The story is great, the dialog really funny.  All in all a keeper.

Singularity Sky by Charles Stross – This is one that I will listen to but would never read.  Like all of his Science Fiction it is filled with unusual characters and situations.  It was interesting to listen too.  The ending was open ended and I wonder if there is a secquel with the same two main characters.  I just saw that it is book one in a series on Goodreads so there is more to come.

The Shadow Queen by Anne Bishop – This is part of The Black Jewels series.  I got hooked on Bishop with her Courtyard series.  I liked the story.  Lady Cassidy is a great character and just what was needed to bring Dena Nehele back to its former greatness.  Of course there were some who did not agree.

Spider Woman’s Daughter by Anne Hillerman – She is continuing ther father’s series using some of the same characters.  I found the story interesting but a little slow.  This is the first book and so a lot of backstory is included. That slowed the story line down a lot.  

The Skull Throne by Peter Brett – Book four in the series it seemed to just quit with no resolution at the end.  There will be plenty to cover in the next book.  Lots of information and character development.  It is truly a middle book.


Death of a Perfect Wife by M.C. Beaton – This is an early Hamish Macbeth Mystery.  I have read and listened to these out of order.  Once again Hamish is the one to solve the murder but he wants to stay where he is so someone else gets the credit. 

No comments: