Thursday, September 17, 2015

Four Short and Sweet Reviews

I carried four physical books from my TBR pile with me on my month long trip and read all four.  Here are the Short and Sweet reviews for each.

Abracadaver by Laura Resnick – An Esther Diamond Novel, I love Esther and Connor her sometimes boyfriend.  This time they are off to another unusual adventure and again Connor just cannot accept what is going on right in front of him.  Great addition to the series.




The Thorn of Dentonhill by Marshall Ryan Maresca – A Novel of Maradaine,  I picked this one up because I loved A Murder of Mages set in the same world.  I was disappointed.  The Thorn of Dentonhill  did not catch me like his other series did.  I am still not sure where the series is going.   I will try book two.


The Clockwork Crown by Beth Cato – A Clockwork Dagger Novel,  A two book series which is unusual.  It was an exciting story with great characters.  There is a very satisfying ending. 






The Grendel Affair by Lisa Shearin– a SPI Files Novel,  A nice start to a new series.  I loved the background of  the main characters.  The world building and character development are right on target.  The back-story adds to the plot.  Book two is already out.  Guess my TBR pile will continue to grow.

No comments: