Friday, July 29, 2016

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 33 - First Star I See Tonight by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Fatal Affair by Marie Force

First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)First Star I See Tonight by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Piper Dove and Cooper Graham are two interesting and fun characters. Piper is living her dream but when Cooper sees her following him that dream just might not ever come true. Can a detective and a retired football quarterback find anything in common. Of course they can and you can count on Phillips finding a way for it to work. There is the trademark Phillips fun dialog, interesting situations and visits with previous characters from the series. A great addition to the series and a lesson on following your dreams.


Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1)Fatal Affair by Marie Force
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Marie Force just released a new book in this series and people kept raving about it. I looked and book one was free on Amazon so I downloaded and started reading. I was hooked and realized why everyone loved the series. There are two very interesting main characters and a great cast of secondary or supporting characters. The plot is well though out and kept me guessing. While this is a mystery it is also a romance. The two main character connect after not seeing each other for six years. Everything is not smooth sailing and that just adds to the tension. A great start to a series that I will continue to follow.

After reading Fatal Affair, book one of the Fatal series, I purchased Fatal Justice, book two, Fatal Consequences, book three and the novella Fatal Destiny book 3.5.  Each  picks up where the last one left off.  I am still hooked on the series and will continue buying and reading until I get to the end.

No comments: