Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Short and Sweet Book Reviews #83 - Marry in Haste by Anne Gracie, Saving the Space Pirate by Nina Croft, The Soldier's E-Mail Order Bride by Cora Seton

Marry in Haste (Marriage of Convenience)Marry in Haste by Anne Gracie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Annie Gracie has a new series, Marriage of Convenience. I loved her first series and had high hopes for this one. I was not disappointed. While I knew what was going to happen between Major Calbourne Rutherford and Miss Emmaline Westwood Gracie took her time and did a wonderful job of setting the scene. There was not a rush to marry. Instead the story line took its time introducing both the main and the very important secondary characters. I knew a lot about the Major, his sisters and Emmaline before the marriage happened. A interesting story with great hooks for future books in the series. A nice additional touch was getting to see one of the Chance sisters from the first series.


Saving the Space Pirate (Ruby Robbins Sexy Space Odyssey, #3)Saving the Space Pirate by Nina Croft
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Finally the last part of Ruby's story. Once again she and Killian have a very hard time even staying alive. Ruby sticks to her guns about slavery and it gets her into even more trouble. A nice romp for both Ruby and Killian and of course the start of an HEA. I say that because there could be more for Ruby and Killian. I will just have to wait and see.


The Soldier's E-Mail Order Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #2)The Soldier's E-Mail Order Bride by Cora Seton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Talk about two who should not wind up together it is Ella and Austin. I really liked Ella. She was not really into the Hollywood hype and when things went south she headed north and right into Austin's life. Austin just wanted to keep the ranch in the family but marring Ella turned out to be different than he expected. A great coming to terms with real life story.

View all my reviews

No comments: