Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Heart’s Blood by Gail Dayton



Paranormal Romance


I loved New Blood (see my post on February 2, 2010) so I visited Borders and purchased Heart’s Blood the second book in the series. Sometimes the second book is a disappointment but Heart’s Blood lived up to my expectations. I was pulled into the story faster than I was in New Blood. The world was already created and the backstory already in place. As a result the story developed faster.

We met Grey Carteret, the Magister of the Wizards Guild, in New Blood. As Heart’s Blood begins Grey wakes up in an alley guarded by a street urchin. There is a murdered man not far from where he wakes up. The street urchin turns out to be Pearl Parkin, a female. When Grey is arrested for murder and put in jail Pearl blackmails him into accepting her as his apprentice.

Grey’s arrival in the alley and the murdered man are part of a new magical threat and soon Grey and Pearl are busy trying to solve the mystery. Heart’s Blood is a fast paced adventure that includes many of the characters from New Blood. The series remains on my favorites list. I will be on the outlook for the next book.

Just additional comment. I thought the cover of Heart's Blood was much better than New Blood. You can compare the two here on the blog. Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

TOR published Heart’s Blood by Gail Dayton in 2009.

No comments: