Friday, February 19, 2010

My Nook


eReader

I often buy books from Fictionwise. The secure formats will not load on my eBookwise reader and I have been reading them on my computer. At the same time Barnes and Noble announced the Nook they purchased Fictionwise. Any book offered at Fictionwise can be downloaded to the Nook so Idecided that I had to have one. I asked for Barnes and Noble gift cards for Christmas and my birthday. I also did a lot of my Christmas shopping online through My Points. I earned enough points shopping to get several more Barnes and Noble gift cards. Last Wednesday I ordered my Nook.

It arrived on Thursday. I have been busy checking out all the features. I had a sizable TBR eBook stack on my computer just waiting for the Nook. All are now loaded and ready to read. The process is very simply. I attached the Nook to my computer with a USB cord and opened the Nook drive. Then I put the cursor on each book and did a drag and drop into the documents file on the Nook. Presto! All my eBook TBR pile is now on my Nook. After loading the books I dismounted the Nook from the computer, told it to get new content and started reading. I use an Apple computer but from looking at the video on how to side load material it is just as simple on a PC. They did not bother telling you how to side load on an Apple.

I am still getting used to the Nook but have to say that so far I am pleased with my purchase.

Here is a list of my TBR electronic pile now on my Nook:

Disappearing Nightly by Laura Resnick
Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre
Living on the Edge by Susan Mallery
Rion by Susan Kearney
Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder
The Morcai Battalion by Susan Kyle
The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife by Jillian Hunter
Too Far Gone by Marliss Melton
With Seduction in Mind by Laura Lee Guhrke


As I finish a book I will rate it on Goodreads. To see my ratings just click on the Goodreads bookshelf on the right of the blog.

No comments: