Sunday, August 15, 2010

Killing Time by Linda Howard


Mystery and Romance

I like to listen to audio books when I travel and the trip to Raleigh, NC was a long drive. I checked out 5 audio books from the library before I left. My favorites to listen to are westerns and mysteries. This time I checked out Killing Time by Linda Howard, a mystery author I have never read before. I loved Killing Time. It combines mystery and romance, two of my favorite reads. In fact I liked it so much I listened twice. Knox Davis is the Chief Crime Investigator in small eastern Kentucky town. Someone digs up the time capsule that was buried 20 years ago and that event starts a series of murders that Knox must solve. At the same time Nikita arrives. She says that she is a FBI agent but some things about her do not add up. Knox and Nikita need to solve the crime. There is an instant attraction between the two but both know their ways have to part when the culprit is found.

I loved Knox and was pulling for the pair to stay together. There were a lot of unexpected twists and turns to the story. The title is a clue to the biggest twist of all. I recommend Killing Time to anyone who likes mysteries that are not quite the norm.

Ballantine Books published Killing Time by Linda Howard in 2006.

While I listened to Killing Time as a audio book it is available as a paperback from Amazon.

No comments: