Friday, May 1, 2015

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

Karen MemoryThe Beginning:

"You ain't gonna like what I have to tell you, but I'm gonna tell you anyway."

Page 56:

"But he touched it with his bare fingers rather than offering me the parchment packet to pick my own one out, and so I knowed it was also a test."

From Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear. This is fantasy and steampunk. Bear often writes books in series but this appears to be a stand-alone. The dialog and word usage fits the time line. I found it to be a interesting book to read.

No comments: