Monday, December 18, 2017

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 168 - If Ever I Should Love You by Cathy Maxwell, A Cowboy's Christmas by Vicki Lewis Thompson

If Ever I Should Love You (Spinster Heiresses, #1)If Ever I Should Love You by Cathy Maxwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Leonie Charnock and the Earl of Rochdale have a history. That history destroyed Rochdale's military career while leaving Leonie unable to trust any man. Getting them together should be impossible. I really liked the fact that Leonie seemed very strong even as she battled with THE EVENT in her past. I liked how Rochdale could dream and then work to make it a fact not just a dream. The story of the two followed a familiar path but seemed fresh and new. Maxwell treats a serious subject while telling a interesting story.


A Cowboy's Christmas (The McGavin Brothers Book 6)A Cowboy's Christmas by Vicki Lewis Thompson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hayley Bennett has her life in order but really does hate how her Mother keeps trying to fix her up every time she comes home for a visit. Badger Calhoun is just visiting his friend for Christmas. The two come up with a plan and of course it backfires. Badger is such a interesting character. He comes from wealth and does not need to work but is looking for a focus in his life. He is very contained and does not let many people in. Hayley is more open and shares her past, present and future while Badger does not. Makes for some tension as feeling develop between the two. A very good addition to the McGavin Brothers series.

View all my reviews

No comments: