Monday, February 26, 2018

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 199 - The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly, Good Guys by Steven Brust

The Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #17)The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Adam Grupper's voice performing The Lincoln Lawyer. It added to the story and kept me listening and not wanting to quit. I also liked the story. Mickey Haller is such a complex character. He defends the guilty and does not ever want an innocent client. Seem he has both innocent and guilty in his current case. This is riveting from the first and only continues to ramp up the tension as the story continues.

Good GuysGood Guys by Steven Brust
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Magic is real but don't let anyone with no magic know. Good Guys has a complicated plot that is told from multiple points of view. That allows Brust to tell the story in very small bites and often like the players I was left in the dark about what was really going on. Turns out it is not at all what I though. It stated looking like a job to keep magic a secret and changes as the story progresses. I did enjoy the world building and back story that was revealed as the story progressed. I also liked the characters. This is a good one for anyone who likes to try to follow and solve a mystery before it is revealed.

View all my reviews

No comments: