Friday, March 2, 2018

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 200 -Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich, The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly

Curious Minds (Knight and Moon, #1)Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The dialog is what you would expect from Evanovich and I am sure that you would get some good laughs from reading the book but for me what makes the audio book is the voice of Lorelei King. She makes Riley Moon the perfect foil for Emerson Knight. Moon is very practical and calls Emerson on many of his actions. This is fast paced, filled with great characters and great dialog. In addition the interaction between Riley and Emerson is full of laughs. First in a new series I listened to book two first and the series starts great and just gets better and better.

 The Brass Verdict (Mickey Haller, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #18)The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think this is where Mickey Haller and Harry Bosch first appear in the same book. I have not read the Bosch books so that is why I think and do not know for sure. I listened to The Lincoln Lawyer and loved it. As a result I am binge listening to the Mickey Haller series. There is a change of voice and Peter Giles is new voice. I liked Adam Grupper's voice better but have gotten used Peter. This one is a little different. Mickey inherited a murdered attorney's cases and one turns out to be very dangerous. The ending is unexpected and leaves Mickey in danger for his life. Since I am already listening to book three I know he survives.

View all my reviews

No comments: