Sunday, March 11, 2018

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 204 - Asimov's Science Fiction January/Feburary 2018, Asimov's Science Fiction March/April 2018

Asimov's Science Fiction, January/February 2018 (Numbers 504 and 505)Asimov's Science Fiction, January/February 2018 by Sheila Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really like the double issues and while I do not subscribe I do purchase when some of my favorite authors have a story. Kristine Kathryn Rusch has the Novella The Rescue of the Renegat is this issue. This is a story in the Diving Universe. It is not part of the usual time line. It fills in some of the world building and backstory about The Fleet. I enjoyed meeting the characters and the situation outlined in the story.

Asimov's Science Fiction, March/April 2018 
by Sheila Williams
My rating:  5 of 5 stars

There is a novella by Kristine Kathryn Rusch in this issue so of course it was a must by.  This on is a main line story in the Diving Universe and helps set up the next book in the series.  Dix was an important character is the previous book.  He was not a happy man then and is still troubled.  Through this story we get a look into Coop's mindset as he continues to come to term with his path today.  A very good story and a great lead up to the next book in the series, Searching for the Fleet.



No comments: