Thursday, June 28, 2018

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 259 - Asimov's Science Fiction July/August 2018, The Jim Bean Memorial Award The First Decade

Asimov's Science Fiction July/August 2018Asimov's Science Fiction July/August 2018 by Kristine Kathlene Rusch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I purchase this when I see a story by an author I love. This one has a story by Kristine Kathryn Rusch about Coop one of the main characters in the Diving the Wreck universe. This really ties into what happened to Coop and his ship later in his career. I enjoyed the story and am looking forward to the new Diving novel coming out in September. While this is the main reason I purchased the issue I enjoyed some of the other stories as well. I got this as a ebook and will not do that again, It is cheaper but is very hard to navigate.


The Jim Baen Memorial Award: The First DecadeThe Jim Baen Memorial Award: The First Decade by William Ledbetter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What better place to read great Science Fiction short stories than in a book filled with award winning authors and their stories. Each tells a complete story and each left me feeling very satisfied with the story and world they are set in. I enjoyed every one and look forward to the next book having a collection of award winning stories. A good book for fans of Science Fiction.

View all my reviews

No comments: