Sunday, March 3, 2019

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 366 - Delta V: Intergalactic Dating Agency by Elsa Jade, The Accidental War by Walter Jon Williams

Delta V: Intergalactic Dating Agency (Cyborg Cowboys of Carbon County Book 2)Delta V: Intergalactic Dating Agency by Elsa Jade
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Montana rancher Lindy Minervudottir does not think she will find love again. so what should happen but that she meets Delta V. First she thinks he is too young. I loved that Lindy was more mature (in her 50's). Turns out Delta V is an alien who needs Lindy and is not as young as he looks. He crash landed on Earth 150 years ago and now he is in danger of being recaptured. Lindy is his hope and salvation. I wish I has read the first book as I felt I was missing some of the world building and backstory. Even so this works as a standalone. I found this because it received a SFR Galaxy award.


The Accidental War (Dread Empire's Fall #4)The Accidental War by Walter Jon Williams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I did not find this partially exciting. There was a lot of world building adding up to the accidental war. Also some backstory for those who had not read the first trilogy. Some of the characters were familiar. Once again the Gareth Martinez and Lady Sula are featured. The biggest part of the world building is the financial collapse of the Praxis. It sounded very familiar. (As what happened here in 2008). Nothing is solved but there is a lot to happen in the next two books. While not exciting I did enjoy visiting the world of the Praxis again.

View all my reviews

No comments: