Saturday, March 9, 2019

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 369 - Navigating the Stars by Maria V. Snyder, Sovereign by Jeff Hirsch

Navigating the Stars (Sentinels of the Galaxy, #1)Navigating the Stars by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lyra Daniels is very upset. Once again she most follow her parents to a new planet. That means she will leave her friends 50 years in the past even though for her it will be just weeks or months. This is a nice twist on Einstein and his theories adding to the plot. The plot gives Lyra more than she expected and puts both her and her family in grave danger. I loved how Lyra finally decided to both keep the past and look to the future. A very interesting coming of age story with many twists and turns. Great start to a new series.


SovereignSovereign by Jeff Hirsch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Micah Cole is another one mad at his parents for taking him away from his friends. He is stranded on Sovereign, a new planet full of the unknown. I know what I expected Micah to find but was surprised when it turned out I was right. There were clues all along that he was not alone but I just did not catch on. A nice listen in the Audible original. Jesse Einstein does a great job with all the different voices.

View all my reviews

No comments: