Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Gift - EBookwise Reader




On Sale for 89.95

This is the eBook reader I have owned for several years. If you are looking for a Christmas gift the price is great. There are a lot of choices out there today so look carefully before you buy. Here are some things to consider.

On the Plus Side:


Great price

Backlit Screen

Good selection of books at Fictionwise and EBookwise

8-15-hour battery life

Will read the following files; plain text (.txt), rich text format (.rtf), Microsoft Word documents (.doc), HTML (.htm or .html), and Rocket eBook Editions (.rb).

There are several ways to transfer personal content onto the device,

Most of the eBook publishers have a format that will download to the EBookwise Reader

Some other publishers (Baen comes to mind) also have compatible formats

Will hold up to 100 books



On the minus side:

Takes a UBS cord to download

Barnes and Noble now owns Fictionwise and EBookwise so I don’t know how long they will continue to support the EBookwise Reader as they will be selling the Nook

No wireless capability

Will not accept some of the common secure formats

I like my EBookwise Reader and when I cannot download to the reader I just download to my computer and read the book there. I do prefer having the book on a eBook reader rather than the computer so I am planning to look at the Nook and if I like it will probably purchase one.

Go to this web site to get more information. http://www.ebookwise.com/ebookwise/ebookwise1150.htm

No comments: