Sunday, August 28, 2011

Love and Rockets edited by Martin H Greenberg and Kerrie Hughes


Love and Rockets
Science Fiction Romance

Love and Rockets contains short stories by a variety of authors.  The book came to my attention when Gini Koch mentioned that a story she had written under another pen name was included in the book.  I am not that much of a short story reader but I purchased the book and enjoyed all the stories.  I also am developing a real appreciation for short story writers.  It takes a lot of work to get the plot, character development and world building in a story with so few words.

When I started reading I did not remember the name Gini Koch was writing under.  As I read the stories I tried to decide which one she wrote.    Some were easy to eliminate.  Two were by a team of writers; several were by men, one by Jody Lynn Nye, one of Kristine Kathryn Rusch.  That still left several possibilities.  I finally decided it must by Wanted by Anita Ensal.  When I went to Gini’s web page I found that I had chosen correctly.

There is a lot of really good writing and story telling in Love and Rockets.  While there is never enough good SFR out there Love and Rockets is full of good stories and is a great choice for SFR fans.

DAW published Love and Rockets edited by Martin H. Greenberg and Kerrie Hughes in 2010.