Monday, April 23, 2012

Musing Mondays, April 23, 2012


This week’s musing asks…
Other than working at a job, what is your biggest interruption to reading? What takes you away from your book(s)?   Since I am retired working at a job is not a factor in when or how long I read.  I do remember that the first nine months after I retired I read almost non-stop trying to catch up with all the books I had not had time to read while I worked.  So to today's questions!
There are several things that take me away from my books.  Most of them are things I choose to do.  I love to garden and this time of year I spend a lot of time outdoors planting, weeding, putting in new beds, and just enjoying being outdoors.  Of course I take time out to sided outside and read.
I live in an area with a lot of retirees and there are a lot of outside activities available.  I belong to several bridge groups that meet on a regular basis.  So there are times weekly and times monthly that I play bridge and don't read.
Sometimes I just hang out with friends;  eating out, going to movies, shopping, or visiting area attractions.  That takes me away from reading. 
I also volunteer on a regular basis and that takes me away from reading.
And finally, sometimes because I run this blog writing posts takes me away from reading.  If I get to far ahead and don't write the post I have to go back and do some re-reading so the book blog takes me away from my reading. 


11 comments:

caite said...

all those things are well and good, but one must find time for reading! who needs a garden? lol

Unknown said...

Gardening is so great. So soothing :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays_23.html

Kwizgiver said...

I have the black thumb of death, I wish I was a gardener because I love plants & flowers. I get in my own way about reading time.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have a lot more of a life than I do... but that's OK because I still love my life. Haha.

Unknown said...

Ahh the good outdoors and hanging out with friends. Yes, that would take me away from my books :)

Yvonne said...

I can see where all those things can take away from reading. For me it's the Internet and TV.

Gigi Ann said...

I am retired also, and have a lot more time for reading now days. But, I don't have a green thumb, so no gardening for me, although hubby is planning on putting out a few tomato plants soon.

Thanks for the visit today.

Unknown said...

Blogging takes my time from reading as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Vyki @ On The Shelf said...

Wow, even though you are retired, you still stay very busy! But it sounds like you have a lot of fun things to distract you. Thanks for stopping by :)

WutheringWillow @ A Paperback Life said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Spending time with friends and doing other things you love are always allowed to take you away from books. I'm glad you're so active! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Sorry about the font color..its suppose to automatically change to white but for some reason on that post it didnt. My answer was family life.

New follower via GFC and Linky!