Friday, August 31, 2012

What Else I Read in August of 2012

 What Else I Read In is a monthly post featuring books I read during the month but did not write a full review on.  If you have a similar post leave a comment and a link and I will visit to see what else you read.   

Mystery/Audio Books:

My new favorite mystery series is the Commissario Guido Brunetti mysteries by Donna Leon.  I checked out two from the library this month and  loved them both.  A Sea of Troubles and Willful Behavior are two that are back to back.  Both were great.  These do stand alone but I found that listening in order did explain some of the things.  None were essential to the story but I did like knowing why certain characters were worrying about others in the books.  I also listened to About Face on my way to Denver.  There are just two more Commissario Brunette audio books in the library and I have the checked out to listen to on this trip.



Romance:

The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires  by Molly Harper - Great book with great characters.  Both Iris and Cal are very snarkyThe dialog between the two is great and story is first rate.  I picked it up because of the title and am glad I did.

Starlight by Carrie Lofty - I loved the first book in the series but this one was kind of slow reading.  The characters just never came alive for me.  It really did not get good and exciting until the last quarter of the book.  

A Duchess to Remember  by Christina Brooke - This is the third book in the Ministry of Marriage series.  Like the previous books it tells a good story.  It was fun to see the characters from the first two books.

A Gentleman Says "I Do"  by Amelia Grey -  This is the second in a series about 3 brothers.  I haven't read the first one but it made no difference.  The characters are great and the story very entertaining.  

Paranormal:

Control Ops by Myke Cole is another audio book I listened to.  This one just proves that I will listen to an entire book I would never read.  This was just one big bloody scene after another and at the end nothing seemed to be solved.  It did say book one so I guess there will be others.  

No comments: