Friday, September 28, 2012

Book Beginnings on Fridays September 28, 2012


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include  include the title and author so others know what you're reading.

The Lost Night (Rainshadow, #2, Harmony, #9) 
"You Belong to me," The Vampire said.  "Soon you will understand that your are meant to be my bride."

This is not what I expected from the opening sentence in the new Harmony book  The Lost Night by Jayne Castle.  It really made me wonder what was going on.  I soon found out.  I know it should be a current read but since I have finished the book and loved it I wanted to share the opening.

2 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

It's hard for me to tell from the opening whether or not I'd like this book. Seems like I've read this line before! But I'd keep reading to find out what happens next.

srivalli said...

Scary beginning!