Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Scandalous Viscount by Gaelen Foley


My Scandalous Viscount (The Inferno Club, #5)Historical Romance
My Scandalous Viscount is another story with spies at the center.  This is book #5 in The Inferno Club series and winds up one arc of this story.  Gaelen Foley does plan further stories using characters that were introduced in the first five books.  I received an ARC of My Scandalous Viscount from Edelweiss and did not realize that it was a part of a series I had not read until I started reading.   The book can stand-alone but I know I missed things and many of the hints about the back-story did not make much sense to me.
My Scandalous Viscount is about honor, honesty, and friendship.  It is also about how the choices you make influence how others see you.
Although Sebastian, Viscount Beauchamp lives by a code of honor, he has no time for anything but casual flings with women.  That honor is what leads him to marry Carissa.  
Carissa Portland keeps up with gossip as a way to protect herself.  She has a secret that she hopes is never revealed and so she is always listening in case she needs to head off gossip about herself.  She is not a gossip.  She does not pass tales on. As a result she is know as a “lady of information” 
Her quest to be in the know is the main driving force in My Scandalous Viscount.  It leads her into more than one dangerous situation and into marriage to Sebastian. .  For a historical romance Carissa is a very modern woman.  Sebastian is a very traditional male so the marriage between the two is filled with all the problems this brings.  All of this is written into the story in a very humorous way.  Part of the time I found Carissa to be a train wreck waiting to happen. But in the end her information is what saves the day. 
If you need a quick fun read pick up My Scandalous Viscount.
Avon published My Scandalous Viscount by Gaelen Foley in 2012.