Friday, December 19, 2014

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 - December 19, 2014

I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

I stare down at my shoes, watching as a fine layer of ash settles on the worn leather."

Page 56:

"I told Coin I'd be her Mockingjay. But I made her promise to give the other tributes immunity if the rebels won," I tell him."

While the beginning might not give the book away page 56 does. This is from MockingJay by Suzanne Collins. I watched the movie of The Hunger Games when it came out. Then on a trip last week I listen to The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I drove 26 hours round trip so I got through both just as I got home. I then checked out MockingJay from my local library and finished it in a day.

For those of you who have read the books what did you think? I have mixed thoughts about the series. It is certainly exciting reading most of the time. I do hate it when so many of the main characters are killed off. And like others I wondered about why a series about children killing other children is so popular.

No comments: