TC is in the sun musing about the chipmunk she sees out the window.
Hopefully that is all she does. So far this month she has presented me
with two chipmunks - one alive and one dead but both in my bedroom.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to talk about something else.
I stayed in on Black Friday and spent part of the day baking cookies for the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks annual Christmas Gardenland Express which features a Model Train Christmas display. I also did a little shopping on-line. I have been reading the Montana Mavericks 20 years in the Saddle series and the Sweetwater Ranch series from Harlequin. They had a 40% off special for Black Friday so I purchased the Montana Mavericks December book and the October, November and December Sweet Water Ranch books all as ebooks.
Of course I then had to read the books. None are very long and as of this morning I have only one left to go.
While I have enjoyed them all A Very Maverick Christmas impressed me the most. Rachel Lee is the author and her main female character has amnesia. Lee did not take the easy way and have her regain her memory. Instead she let her keep the memory loss and had her accept that the past was something she might never remember but that the future was more important than the past. It made the whole story much more intense and interesting.
Anyone else spend part of the week-end reading?