Monday, August 8, 2016

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 37 - The Red by Linda Nagata, The Trials by Linda Nagata, Going Dark by Linda Nagata

The Red: First LightThe Red: First Light by Linda Nagata
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I did not know what to expect with The Red. I kept hearing about the book and getting recommendations to read from Bloggers I follow. It is a very different book. The Red is at the heart of the book. It interacts with some characters and ignores others. It has an agenda and each characters reacts to it in their own way. The first book sets the stage, introduces the characters, does the world building and gives the back story. It does that with nonstop action. I had trouble putting the book down. I can add my recommendation to other who loved the book.


The TrialsThe Trials by Linda Nagata
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I could not put down The Red, the first book in the series. The Trials did not hold my attention as well as the first book. The book is full of danger and action. It is very much a second book in a series. It seemed to set thing up but not solve anything. The characters are all back and the Red is still a big part of the plot. What is missing is any resolution to the problem.


Going DarkGoing Dark by Linda Nagata
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Red is still around and still stirring up trouble. Some of the characters are still fighting the battle the Red wants and some are trying to get as far away as possible. For me the plot just came to a stand still and the end was a bit of a disappointment. I do think it is an interesting series but each book held my attention less and less. Try it and see what you think.

View all my reviews

No comments: