Monday, July 2, 2018

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 263 - Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews, Nemesis by Ken Lozito

Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant, #1)Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my! I almost finished this in one setting. Only knowing that I probably needed sleep made me put it down. I did then pick it up immediately upon waking. I loved the book. The dialog between Hugh and Elera is priceless. Making characters from the Kate Daniels series part of the story line and action added to the feeling of coming home to a familiar and welcome place. Only bad thing; I have to wait for the next book in the series.


Nemesis (First Colony, #2)Nemesis by Ken Lozito
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am still hooked on the First Colony series. Several years have passed since the end of the first book and Connor is fighting a losing battle getting the colony ready if the invasion from Earth happens. People do not believe that they are in danger and just as Connor heads back from a failed mission to get more support it happens. The invasion arrives. This is a desperate battle to keep the colony from being overrun and it comes at a great cost. The same narrator does this one and he still does a great job getting the right emotions with the right people. I am already listening to the next book in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments: