Saturday, January 3, 2009

Turn Left to Tomorrow by Robin Wayne Bailey

Science Fiction Short Stories


Most of the time when I start a book of short stories I never finish. Somewhere along the line I come to a story I don’t like and put the book down never to pick it up again. Turn Left to Tomorrow published by Yard Dog Press is an exception. The book is a series of short Science Fiction stories by Robin Wayne Bailey. I purchased the book at the Yard Dog Press table at the North American Science Fiction Convention in 2007. I started reading the book about a month ago while exercising on my stationary bike. I could read a story an exercise session. There was never a story I did not like; as a result I finished the entire book. Bailey wrote all the stories and he knows how to write a well-crafted and satisfying tale. I highly recommend the book.


This is the first time I have read a book by Bailey. When I looked him up I found that he has an impressive resume. He writes primarily fantasy and has several best selling fantasy series. In addition, he is a past president of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. It is always great to discover another author I enjoy reading. As soon as I get through my To Be Read pile I am going to try one of his fantasy novels.


Yard Dog Press


If I go 70 miles down the mountain to the river valley I am in the home of Yard Dog Press. Yard Dog is a small press that has survived where others have failed. Go to their web site and check them out. They have an impressive list of authors and titles.

No comments: