Monday, May 2, 2011

The Buntline Special by Mike Resnick



The Buntline Special: A Weird West TaleSteampunk/Fantasy

In The Buntline Special Mike Resnick gives a new twist to the Gunfight at the OK Corral.  The Indians and their magic have stopped the growth of the US at the Mississippi River.  The US has sent Thomas Edison to Tombstone hoping he can find a way to nullify the Indian magic and allow the US to expand to the Pacific Ocean.  Edison works on more than nullifying Indian magic.  He cannot stop coming up with new ideas and his friend Ned Buntline takes those ideas and turns them into inventions.  Stir in Doc Holliday, the Earp’s and all the other character from history and you have an entertaining story.  This is the Wild West with a steampunk twist.

I wasn’t sure I would like The Buntline Special but once I started reading I really enjoyed the story.  Pick it up and I bet you will like it too.

Pyr published The Buntline Special by Mike Resnick in 2010.

I checked The Buntline Special out from the Rogers, AR Public Library.  

No comments: