Monday, October 3, 2011

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison – A Novel of the Elder Races


Dragon Bound (A Novel of the Elder Races)Paranormal Romance

On my last Amazon order I needed 2 more books, one for the 4 for 3 offer and one more for the free shipping.  Dragon Bound kept showing up on my Amazon recommendations so I decided to give it a try.  Boy am I glad I did.  I loved the book, in fact I loved it so much I went out and purchased Storm’s Heart the next book in the series.  Loved that one too.   I am a new Thea Harrison fan.

Pia Givovanni as spent her life hiding the fact that she is half human and half Wyr.  That changes when she is blackmailed into sealing from Dragos Cuelebre, the dragon Wyr who controls the Northeast.  Even then she uses her head and only steals a small coin, replacing it with one note of apology and a coin of equal value.  From there the hunt and adventure is on. 

Pia and Dragos are both wonderful characters who complement each other in spite of their differences.  In addition to Pia and Dragos there are a host of secondary characters just ready for their own story.  Thea Harrison has done really good world building and character development.  Dragon Bound is a great start to an intriguing new series.

Dragon Bound is filled with danger, adventure, betrayal, and romance.  The story moves at a great pace and kept my attention throughout the book.  I expect this series to be as popular as the ones written by Nalini Singh. 

Book three, Serpents Kiss, will be released in October.  Pre-order now.

No comments: