Monday, October 31, 2011

Musing Monday (October 31, 2011)

This week’s musing asks…
Would you say that you read about the same amount now as when you were younger? More? Less? Why?

You can find each weeks question at Should Be Reading.

I have always read a lot.  Reading was my escape when I was a child, my way to have adventure as a teenager and young adult, and always an enjoyment.  I am retired now and have more time to read.  I no longer have the need to escape but I still like to have some of the adventures that I can find only in books.  I can now read and am taking advantage of all the time I can just read without letting other important things slide.  In fact my TBR pile is so high my children have threatened to do an intervention.   I just plan to keep reading and keep buying.  There are worse obsessions.
 

4 comments:

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Exactly. There are much worse addictions!
Personally,I read much more now than I did when I was younger. :)
Here's my Musing Mondays post

Happy Halloween!
Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Amy said...

It's always hard to find time to read when life is so busy, makes me miss being a kid again. :)

Happy Halloween!
http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/10/musing-mondays-and-darkspell-launch.html

caite said...

an intervention? wow, I so understand that!
I have so many books and yet I will read a great review or see a great book and I MUST HAVE IT!

it is an addiction, but not a bad one as addictions go, as you say.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on things more dangerous than collecting and reading books. But non-readers always have trouble believing that. :D