Monday, June 4, 2012

Musing Mondays June 4, 2012


This week’s musing asks…
Do you have a reading goal for the year, such as __ books? Why or why not? 


I don't set any goals for number of books to read in a year but lately I have set another goal.  When I accept I free book I try to read and review.  I have gotten so many free copies that my personal stack of books just keeps growing.  My goal now is to limit the free books and catch up on the books I enjoy.  Sometimes they are both free and ones I would have purchased on my own but not always.  So pick on my own will win.

5 comments:

caite said...

I hear ya..I hear ya. but I am greedy and if the book looks good, how can I say no? and the piles grow...

Gigi Ann said...

I don't have any reading goals, I find them to stressful, I read for entertainment and my own enjoyment. I very seldom accept the free books from authors unless they sound like a book I would enjoy. I also don't like writing those honest reviews after I read a free book. Sometimes I find I didn't care much for the book, and find it difficult to write an honest and fair review. So I choose my own reading material.

A big thank you for stopping by and visiting today.

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Yeah it's tough when that tbr pil is too big, especially when reviews are needed. Here's my Musing

wcs53 said...

I am trying to limit the free books as well. Like you I feel obliged to read and review. I like to make goals as it keeps me focused. My MM post: http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/musing-mondays-june-4/

Kwizgiver said...

I don't review books because I don't want to feel pressured to read anything particular. My book group is enough challenge.