Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh


Tangle of Need by Nalini SinghParanormal Romance
I received Tangle of Need and put it aside because I hated the cover (guess covers do have an effect on my choice of reading).  I still hate the cover but as soon as I started reading I was lost in the Psy/Changling’s world.  Here is Goodreads summary.
Adria, wolf changeling and resilient soldier, has made a break with the past--one as unpredictable in love as it was in war. Now comes a new territory, and a devastating new complication: Riaz, a SnowDancer lieutenant already sworn to a desperate woman who belongs to another.

For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal. For Adria, his dangerous lone-wolf appeal is beyond sexual. It consumes her. It terrifies her. It threatens to undermine everything she has built of her new life. But fighting their wild compulsion toward one another proves a losing battle.


Their coming together is an inferno...and a melding of two wounded souls who promise each other no commitment, no ties, no bonds. Only pleasure. Too late, they realize that they have more to lose than they ever imagined. Drawn into a cataclysmic Psy war that may alter the fate of the world itself, they must make a decision that might just break them both.
Despite what the summary says Tangle of Need contains more of Hawk and Sienna’s story than that of Adria and Riaz.  Thrown into to that are the scenes that feature the Psy. 
Characters:  While Adria and Riaz are very good characters I really never was caught up in their story.  By the time Riaz met his mate she was in love with someone else.  Adria was recovering from a very bad relationship.  They should not have fit but they did.  I just did not care.  Fortunately their story was almost a side story and the other characters held my attention much better.  There was a lot more of Sienna and Hawk along with others from around the Psy/Changling world.
Worldbuilding:  Nalini continues to add new dimensions to the Psy/Changling world.  This time there are new clans and new human allies introduced.  There is also more information about the Psy world and the people who live in Silence.
Plot:  Getting Riaz and Adria together is part of the plot but the main driving force for the story is the coming problems with Silence. There will be war again and much of the plot concerns what both sides are doing to get ready.
Writing:  Great as always.  I fell right into the Psy/Changling world.  Once I started reading I had a hard time stopping.  Now I am waiting for the next book.
I read somewhere that Nalini Singh is working on ending the series.  I know that must happen some time but I hope there are a few more books left before I have to say good-by to the Psy/Changling world.
Berkley Sensation published A Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh in 2012.

No comments: