Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Enchanted Ever After by Robin Owens

Fantasy

I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited internet.   I am using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.

Enchanted Ever After is part of the Mystic Circle series by Robin D. Owens.  It is book three in the series but is the first book in the series that I have read.  The first two are Enchanted Once and More Enchanted Again.   There is enough back story included to keep me for feeling lost.

There were things I loved about the book.  The main character, Kiri Palger, is well drawn and very likeable.  She has made some choices she would like to undo.  They are not world shaking, they are just things many of us do in real life.  When she get the chance to change her life she jumps right in and goes for it.  The book is all about how that decision changes her.   Lathyr Tricurrent is the love interest in the story.  He is the one who helps Kiri achieve her dreams. 

The story is about magic and the people who have it.  I did like the world that is being developed here but for me the story just did not have the tension and punch I was looking for.  It was a nice well written story, just not exciting.

I am a Robin Owens fan so I might go back and read the previous books sometime.  I don’t miss any of her Heart series so they are my first reading choice.

Harlequin published Enchanted Ever After by Robin D. Owens in 2013.

I received an ARC of Enchanted Ever After from Netgalley.

No comments: