Saturday, January 26, 2013

Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder


Fantasy Romance
I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited internet.   I am using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.
This is the second book in the series and like many middle books it sets up the action for book three.  All of the characters from book one, Touch of Power, are here. Avry and Kerrick the two main characters are separated for most of the book and when they finally get together it is for a cliffhanger ending.  While we don’t see much of him Tohon is back as the really bad guy.  There are some important new secondary characters introduced.  Secondary characters from book one are still around but most do not appear as often in this book.
The action in Scent of Magic flows smoothly.  The major world building was done in book one so the small additions in Scent of Magic add to the story arc without interrupting the action.  There are two separated story lines in the book and it will be interesting to see how the characters from both merge.  I found that everything worked to keep my interest.  Now I just have to wait for the next book to see how everything comes together.
Harlequin Mira published Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder in 2013.
I received an ARC of Scent of Magic from Netgalley.

No comments: