Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Reluctant Countess by Wendy Vella



Historical Romance 
I am on the Round the World Cruise and have limited internet.   I am using this time to catch up on my TBR pile on my ereaders.  My posts are short with no links or graphics.  Check my travel blog to see where I have been and where I am going.
I really loved the beginning of this book.  The reluctant countess started life out as a servant the house of a dying Earl.  He did not like his heir so with the help of his sister he married her just before dying.  After his death they told the world she had been married for several years and that her young brother was the Earl’s son. 
After two years of training to make sure she could pass as the Countess of Monmouth Letty, Lady Letitia Carstairs, the Earls ‘s sister and Sophie the Countess of are in London for the season.   Patrick, Earl of Coulter, is determined to prove that she is a fraud.
I love both Sophie and Patrick.  Sophia is a really loving woman who is uncomfortable with what they have done.  Patrick starts out wanting nothing but to prove Sophia is not who she says she is and ends up protecting her. 
The journey to Patrick’s and Sophia’s HEA was well written and filled with surprises and danger.  There were some wonderful side characters that added to the story line.  The only character that came across as wooden was Tim, Sophia’s brother.  I did wish he had been written with a little more care.
Pick this on up for a enjoyable Historical Romance story.
Loveswept published The Reluctant Countess by Wendy Vella in 2012.
I received a ARC of  The Reluctant Countess from Netgalley.

No comments: