Friday, August 22, 2014

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56, August 22, 2014


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56.
 Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

"I need you to kill someone."

Page 56:

"Taking a seat, she sipped her drink, then set it down, picked up the tarot cards and began to shuffle as she thought about opening herself to messages from spirits."

From Demon's Kiss by Maggie Shayne. This was published in 2007. I picked it up at our local non-profit store this week. I am reading Shayne's latest series. I have not read any of her previous works so when I saw this one I decided to give it a try. I haven't started it yet. I have so many books on my TBR pile that this added one more.

No comments: