|TC is in the sun musing about the chipmunk she sees out the window.|
Hopefully that is all she does. So far this month she has presented me
with two chipmunks - one alive and one dead but both in my bedroom.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I remember entering the contest because the premise caught my attention. Shelley Morgan is a Veterinarian who can communicate with the animals she treats. When animals at a local zoo start to disappear she asks Dev Jones to help her find out what is happening.
That is the heart of the mystery. As if that is not enough there are missing men, a long lost sister, and the attraction between Shelley and Dev. Oh! There is also the fact that the other sister also has a talent. She talks to ghosts. So romance, mystery and a touch of the paranormal.
Guarded is book two in the series but it works very well as a stand-alone. While Shelley is reunited with one sister there is another one yet to be found. Guarded was a fun book to read and as the author hoped when she held her contest I will be purchasing the other two books in the series.