Friday, April 24, 2015

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 - April 24, 2014


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)"The starter complained as it turned over the old Buick's heavy engine. I felt a lot of sympathy for it since fighting outside my weight class was something I was intimately familiar with."

Page 56: 

"Showing me his weakness was a sign of trust. Under normal circumstance, that trust would mean I was safer with him."

From Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs. This is book 5 in the Mercy Thompson series. I started reading the Charles and Anna spin off from this series and then went over and read the current Mercy books. Now I am still going back and reading the first five that I missed. Sometimes this does not work well but with this series it is keeping my interest and making me want to go back and re-read the latest books.

No comments: