Monday, March 14, 2016

Short and Sweet Book Reviews #8

Still on cruise ship with slow and expensive internet.  No links, no covers

Lone Star Nights by Delores Fossen – Lucky is the second McCord brother to decide to change his life and settle down.  It takes a hand from the grave to bring about the change.  Cassie has her own past to try to get over.  It takes two children and a lot of love to get them to their HEA.  Book three will be out in October of 2016 and will feature the third and last McCord brother, Logan.

Other World Renegade by Jane Godman – This is the first time I have read a book published by this Harlequin imprint.  It is part of a series and was an interesting read.   Locan Malone is a interesting character  and one that is full of Irish blarney but when Tanzi finds that she needs help getting away from her Father he is the one she turns to.  I loved their journey.  Backstory and worldbulding were done in previous books.  There was enough to let me keep reading but I did feel the lack when Locan and Tanzi interact with other characters.


Kingston 691: Cyborgs: Mankind Redefined #2 by Donna McDonald – This is book two in the series and the first one I have read.  I think it would have been much better if I had read book one first.  I did like the two main characters.  Kingston is really struggling with the changes in his life and finding a hole in his memories is not helping.  His time with Seetha is what is missing.  They have a nice story.  I wanted more time between then before the HEA but it was a given they would get together.  There is a set up for the next book in the series.  It is one I will follow.

No comments: