Friday, February 3, 2012

Book Beginnings on Friday Feburary 3, 2012

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Katy from A Few More Pages. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading.


In spite of trying to finish the book for our Science Fiction Book Club and another Amazon Vine book I put both down when this book arrived yesterday.  


A Lady Never Surrenders by Sabrina Jeffries is the last book in the  Hellions of Halstead Hall Series.  The mystery of who killed their parents has been running through the series so we should find out in this book.  I had to start it as soon as it arrived to find the answer to the mystery.  Here are the opening two sentences:


"When Bow Street Runner Jackson Pinter entered Halstead Hall's library, he wasn't surprised to find only one person there.  He was early, and no one in the Sharpe family's ever early."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard about this series before, but that guy sure has a great name :-)

Juli Rahel said...

Haven't heard of it either, but I love the red dress on the cover! I'm a new follower, hop on over if you have the time:
http://universeinwords.blogspot.com/2012/02/february-friday.html
Juli @ Universe in Words

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Love the name of that series! The beginning is very tempting.

Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST and here’s
MY WEBSITE

JC Jones said...

I think we passed while visiting each others blog. Thanks for coming over.

Anonymous said...

I good opening with a scenario in a library! I'm not surprised that you wanted to read this one, the last in a series, to find out more about the mystery.

SquirrelQueen said...

I'm not familiar with this series either but it sounds good. The opening is intriguing.

Pooch said...

Enjoy your series. You might have a real pot-boiler in this book!

:)

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Jo,

The fact that the title describes the girls in the story as 'Hellions' (A mischievous, troublesome, or unruly person), is almost enough said about this series, I should think.

I checked out the synopsis as well and this is definitely a book that I might be interested in reading, although I don't think it will work as a stand alone novel, so I shall have to get my hands on the complete series before I start.

Thanks for the recommendation and have a great weekend.

Tea said...

When I see Bow Street Runners, I know the book is going to be pretty darn good.