Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday, February 14, 2012



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
Since it is Valentine's Day I though a love story would be in order.  My teaser is from Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas.  I read the book over a year ago but did not own a copy.  I just picked up a used copy at my local thrift store this week-end.  This is a short book that is the first in Lisa's Friday Harbor series of contemporary romances.

"And she added in another hesitant but perfectly audible whisper, "Her name is Clover."

"In the shock of hearing Holly's whisper, Mark forgot everything: their surroundings, the woman behind the counter.  Six months they's been trying to get Holly to something, anything." 

7 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ooh, this one looks awesome! I just read Rainshadow Road....it was my first by this author, but now I'm hooked.

Here's MY TT POST

Maria said...

Loved this book! Can't wait for Rainshadow Road to release.

Here's my TT: http://tinyurl.com/7ywdtax

Amy said...

Great teaser! I so need to check this one out - thank you for sharing! :)

JLS Hall said...

Excellent teaser! I'm intrigued. Very pretty cover, too.

Anonymous said...

A captivating teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday_14.html

Li @ rulethewaves.net said...

Sounds like a miracle! Thanks for sharing that interesting teaser =)

Here's my teasers for this week: http://www.rulethewaves.net/blog/?p=3792

Karen and Gerard said...

Interesting teaser, makes me want more!

Here's ours:
http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/02/tuesday-teasers-sophie-and-every-day.html