Saturday, April 17, 2010

What Angels Fear by C.S. Harris



Historical Mystery

What Angels Fear starts off looking like a typical Regency Romance but quickly becomes a mystery. The manners and society of the era are worked into the lives of the characters.

What Angels Fear is the first book in a five book series. I loved the main character, Sebastian St Cyr, Viscount Devlin. When he finds himself accused of murder he calls on skills he used in the Napoleonic Wars. Knowing he will be convicted unless he finds the evidence to clear himself, he disappears into the London underworld. Using a group of friends and allies he works to uncover the truth.

The fact that I like to read Regency Romances increased my enjoyment of What Angels Fear. This was a different outlook on a world I had already visited many times. I am looking forward to reading the other books in the series. (More books for my TBR pile).

Penguin published What Angels Fear by C.S. Harris in 2006.

C.S. Harris writes historical romances as Candice Proctor.

I purchased What Angels Fear from Amazon.

No comments: